The Adolf Difference
Even though we are a historic auto garage that has served as a landmark in the Garden Oaks neighborhood for 65 years, we are constantly striving for improvement in every aspect of our business. You’d think by new we should be perfect, but you know, cars keep changing and so we have to change, too.
We are dedicated to fixing cars and having happy customers.
Here are some of the things that make us unique in the auto repair business:
- Our company was established in 1946, making it one of the oldest auto repair shops in Houston
- This business has always been owned by a husband-and-wife team.Sybren and Kathryn van der Pol are the third-generation and current owners.
- We offer a 36,000 mile warranty on parts and labor on cars three years or newer.12,000 miles or 12 months on everything else.
- We make regular follow-up phone calls to our customers
- We make house calls
- We use filtered reverse-osmosis water in the engine cooling system (radiator). Why? It’s important! Everybody in the industry should be doing this.
- We honor most extended warranties. (GE, Toyota, Ford, etc. Not Chrysler–Why? Ask Chrysler!)
- We will tell you if your car has a problem that is still under the manufacturer’s warranty so you can have it addressed at the dealer
- We use a synthetic blend oil for our NORMAL oil change
- We have a shuttle service to work or home
- We have a towing service, and it’s free for broken transmissions.Yes, we fix broken transmissions, too.
And this is just for starters. We also do what other auto repair shops do, i.e., fix and maintain cars, but we hope we do it better and faster, and make you a customer for life in the process. Given the fact that many of our customers have been coming here for more than 50 years, the age of our customers really does span a lifetime.